- - 150g winter melon, skin removed and cut into cubes
- - 2 big dried scallop
- - 2 chicken Maryland, cut into bite size
- - 6 red dates
- - 2 slices ginger
- - 1 piece of dang sheng (党参), halved
- - 650ml hot water
*note:- this steaming method will locked the flavour and taste of the soup as compare to the usual slow simmer method.
1. Blanch chicken pieces in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove, rinse and drain well.
2. Bring 800ml water to boil, add in chicken pieces and winter melon, bring to boil then simmer for at least 5 minutes to release flavour.
3. Divide the rest of the ingredients into 2 individual soup pot, fill it with winter melon soup and leave at least 1cm allowance.
4. Cover soup pot with lid, steamed/double-boiled for at least an hour to hour and a half. Season with salt (if prefer) and serve.